For Questions Contact:
Coulter Cahill |
Public Works Manager
ccahill [at] adelaidemetcalfe.on.ca
The Township of Adelaide Metcalfe has one landfill site located at 29349 School Road, Strathroy.
Operating Dates & Hours
- Operating hours are the second and last Saturday of each month from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM for the months of March to November.
- The Landfill is open the second Saturday only for the months of December, January, and February from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Acceptable Methods of Payment
- Debit card (prefferred)
- pick up truck load or equivalent of non recyclable materials
- carpet, televisions, stereos, mattresses, linoleum, etc.
- household garbage bag or equivalent up to a maximum of 45 pounds
- wood (brush and used lumber)
- bricks, concrete blocks, broken concrete, small quantities only of rocks and stones, metal (including fence wire that is free of wooden posts)
- metal scrap
- Other volumes are at the discretion of the Landfill Supervisor
- recyclable materials
- compostable material
- commercial vegetable waste
- automobile bodies
- dead livestock or poultry
- garden waste
- asphalt singles/ tar paper
- hazardous waste
- railway ties
- any other material that may be deemed unacceptable by the Landfill Supervisor
- Middlesex County residents may use the household special waste drop-off depot through the City of London
- The City of London operates a Household Special Waste Depot, and offers residents a safe way to dispose of household hazardous (special) waste. This includes any material that is corrosive, flammable, ignitable or reactive.
- The Household Special Waste Depot is located at 3502 Manning Drive (London, Ontario)
- Hours of operation are Tuesday to Friday, 8am – 4pm, Saturday 8am – 3pm.
- For more information, please refer to the City of London - Household Hazardous (Special) Waste Page
Special Operations During COVID-19
- a maximum of three (3) vehicles will be permitted to unload at any given time.
- residents are asked to stay inside their vehicles until it is their turn to unload.
- please respect physical distancing with Landfill staff and others accessing the Landfill site.
- residents may experience delay in entering the Landfill site due to the current COVID-19 restrictions.
- gatherings of five (5) or more persons is prohibited and enforceable under the EMCPA legislation.